Dr Akua Ampadu MD is a board-certified Internal Medicine trained Hospitalist physician passionate about providing quality inpatient adult care. Outside of taking care of patients in the hospital ward, she connects with the general public through writing and speaking engagements. Through these avenues, she delivers tools that can be used to help people live fruitful lives focused on general health & wellness, self-care, and self-advocacy.
Using my personal experience with work and life-related burnout I provide reformative training for those going through their own resilience journey.
As a daughter of the Diaspora with Ghanaian roots, I also work on projects focused on improving the lives of African, Afro-Caribbean, African-American, and all Diasporan women.
You Didn’t Know
- I truly began living once I learned you don’t have to work a conventional “9-5” (or 12-hour shift for doctors) in order to make money.
- Women’s empowerment and amplification give me unspeakable joy. I love to see other women win!
- I consider Usher’s “Confession” the greatest R&B album in history and have no issues with debating you on this.
- I believe fresh flowers and candles can elevate any space.
- An amazing day for me includes a walk in the park, listening to South African Amapiano music, and spending time with God and with myself
From the Blog
Getting Real About Match Day
It has been a little over a week since #MatchDay2022 and reality has started to set in for the...
𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻 𝘅 𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗜𝗻𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝘅 𝗕𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘁
As we celebrate the global advancement of women on this International Women’s Day, I want to...
Self-Love 365 Days a Year
Loving the person within doesn’t just happen, it’s a practice you must seek to do and cultivate...